Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I've Lost It...Motivation


"Getting up in the morning...
Eating healthy...
Pampering myself...
Why do it...I have nothing to look forward to?

I have no job (for over 31/2 years)...
I'm ashamed of my appearance...
I'm losing faith that things will get better...
I have no self-esteem...so why should I care?

I feel useless and unwanted...
I feel abandoned by family, friends and society...
I feel like everybody is praying for my downfall...
What do I do?"

The statements that I wrote above are how I've been feeling for the last couple of weeks. I haven't even felt like writing. But I read an article on Motivation @ prayn4success.blogspot.com and it helped me think and open my mind a little bit. See I've taken to much time feeling sorry for myself. The energy I'm using to keep myself down, I can be using to build myself up. It's funny how one article or a few words can help change a person's life or outlook on life. I have one question and I welcome all ideas and suggestions...

I have been down and out so long, how do I keep myself up?

1 comment:

  1. list the things that are good about yourself, your skills, your experience, your life and take pride in them.

    I have a confident 'front' and it's slips sometimes to reveal quite dark moments. just remember that you are kick ass, this is just a blip in the journey of you which all goes in to the story of your life, what has been and what is to come.

    also, smile, force it if you have to and look in the mirror, even the physical act of your muscles moving into the right shape set's off chemicals in your brain. there is nothing more beautiful and encouraging than smiling.

    ReplyDelete