Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Proof We Are Not Forgotten

A couple of days ago I wrote about "Life's Most Precious Moments". Well, it's funny that my oldest son would make the following post on Facebook:

      "[For a brief time] My curfew was the street lights and Mom didn't call my cell, she yelled "time to come in". I played outside with friends and not online. Video games were still just video games and not a lifestyle. If I didn't eat what my Mom cooked, I didn't eat. Hand sanitizer didn't exist but you could get your mouth washed out with soap. Re-post if you drank water from a hose and survived."

We as parents sometimes wonder if our children really listened to us as they were growing up. We often wonder what memories of their childhood they do remember. So, for me to read this posting by my son on Facebook--it made me feel misty-eyed and all warm and fuzzy inside!

Like I said, "Life is too short. Cherish all of the memories with your children." Because if you cherish the time/moments with your children, maybe, just maybe, they'll remember those same moments. they might just post those memories for all the world to see!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like this part, "Life is too short. Cherish all of the memories with your children." Because if you cherish the time/moments with your children, maybe, just maybe, they'll remember those same moments. they might just post those memories for all the world to see!!!"

    Nice entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you know how much I agree with this xx

    ReplyDelete