Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Unemployment Blues

The unemployment blues is a tune that thousands of people are playing. This economy is so messed up. I have been unemployed for over 31/2 years. I am about to lose my mind!
I remember the time when all you had to do was put on your business attire, go to places of emplyment interest, fill out an application and/or submit your resume and in some cases have an on-the-spot interview. I am signed up with over 15 employment job recruiting sites. I submit an application and resume for jobs that are no where in my field of expertise! What is the problem? What is the hold-up? I just don't understand.

Job hunting is all about the internet and luck. Submitting job applications and resumes online is so impersonal. The companies are probably receiving over thousands of resumes. They look at the first 20-50 they receive, conduct interviews and then hire someone. Where do the rest of the resumes end up? They probably get sent to the archives, which I like to call the "resume graveyard".

Somewhere out there is the right job for me. I just wish I could hurry up and find it or it would hurry-up and find me! Sitting around feeling like I haven't accomplished anything and feeling like a failure is very stressful emotionally, physically amd mentally. I say my prayers every day and night asking to have some of the stress lifted,  to restore my faith in myself and Him and sending some form of financial relief. I know God will answer my prayers and I know His answer will be right on time.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment